Tuesday 16 August 2011

Poppy #1

Having just returned from a lovely weekend at my mothers house in Ireland, with all of our family, I was struck by how rarely I see my old work as I am so wrapped up in what I am currently working on, I have decided that every once in a while I will feature a golden oldie or two.


I suppose you would call this my first "best seller",  it was featured in the review section of the Times for my first exhibition in Shepherd's Market in London. They didn't actually review my show but they did review  Rankin's latest show. Fortunately for me they ran my image instead of anything from his show, the result of which was that I had seven people turn up over the weekend clutching a copy of the newspaper  wanting to buy the print. At the time it was £200 for a 20x16 inch silver gelatin print, now it retails via the galleries that represent my work for £2000 as there are only 3 left in the original edition of 25 silver gelatin prints. I've heard Rankin recovered from this set back and is doing ok, so I don't feel too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment