Friday 23 September 2011

Creating an image

For those of you that know me you know I won't do any more than I have to to get an image, so here is probably one of the longest jobs I've done working up an image in photoshop.

The finished image first.


Now how it looked straight from the camera, quite a huge difference, don't you think.


So I cropped it, lifted it from it's background and got rid of the stem, giving me this

Then I dropped in a black back ground.


Then I applied a massive curve change which caused the colours to shift dramatically but not to seem fake, obviously that cat is out of the bag now.


But unfortunately I felt this was too dark so I applied a small adjustment in levels giving us the finished image (again)


I hope this has been of interest, if so do let me know and I might show you another some time

Until then, be well and enjoy

Seamus

2 comments:

  1. So enjoyed your blog, More please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog, Seamus - I especially like your relaxed approach to photography and the fact that you don't use 'all-singing-all-dancing' gear! I, too, enjoy flower photography and use a plain sheet of cloth with window light and simple reflectors (eg. scrunched up baking foil and/or sheets of printer paper Sellotaped together!) And as for lenses: standard 28mm and 50mm primes (from my old Pentax film camera) and 18-55mm zoom. Carry on the good work - and let's see more of your work in B+W Photography magazine!

    ReplyDelete